We are looking for a TECHNICAL SERVICES ENGINEER – to help drive sales and provide customers solutions to Oyu Tolgoi Mine, one of the world's largest new copper-gold mines located in the South Gobi region of Mongolia.
BASF Hong Kong Ltd and MSM Group LLC currently supply Oyu Tolgoi with underground construction chemicals for vital ground support systems. The Technical Services Engineer would support and be mentored by our existing site based Technical Manager to provide best in class customer support, adding value to end user application.
This role is a great opportunity to be a part of a high calibre team providing best in class technical customer support for underground construction chemicals, with the opportunity to become cognizant with all aspects of ground support and ground consolidation within a large scale hard rock mining environment.
Training in sprayed concrete, injection resins, concrete technologies including admixtures and concrete repair and protection will be delivered through the following routes:
- Pragmatically On the job site-based training
- Online Through BASF’s dedicated training academy
- Workshops Attendance at BASF’s underground training gallery in Switzerland
Working a 2-weeks on 1 week off roster, and reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be:
- Develop customer relationships and service (on-site and in office) to ensure customer base is maintained.
- Professionally promote and sell products, services and systems.
- Capitalize on opportunities with existing customers to ensure improved individual account performance.
- Actively seek and develop new opportunities and promptly follow up on potential new sales leads.
- Meet specific sales targets on specific initiatives as agreed with management.
- Maintain product knowledge and keep abreast of key developments – apply learning’s to enhance account management strategies.
- Stay informed of latest industry development, potential markets, new products and latest sales skills.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and activities and any other construction related changes by reviewing comparative data reports and knowledge of industry changes.
To succeed in this role, you will have, or be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor degree in Geo technical, Civil or Mining Engineering or other relevant disciplines.
- A passion for the mining industry.
- The ability to take initiative, be conscientiousness and committed.
- A proactive pragmatic attitude combined with the ability to work independently.
- Solid communication skills in both Mongolian and English.
It will also be beneficial if you have
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer / software skills
- An aptitude for hands on learning
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce